Following the Call: Where It Has Lead Me

Hello everyone!

One year ago today, I applied to go on a gap year to Italy. I was so certain that was where I was supposed to go- I thought that was where God was calling me to spend a year serving Him. A couple weeks after I applied, I received a letter saying that I was accepted and would be headed over to Italy in August of 2018. I was extremely excited and the gears were set in motion to get everything ready for my gap year. About a month after I was accepted, I got a phone call from one of my Global Year leaders, the awesome Doug Stone, who told me that Italy was not an option and that I would be sent to my second choice- Ireland. I remember feeling a range of emotions. I was sad and confused why God was changing everything up. I was terrified because I had gotten used to the idea of going to Italy- I was comfortable. I don’t know if you know this, but sometimes we have to surrender our comfortable, our normal in order to fully submit to Christ and His will. I was incredibly fearful and anxious about going to Ireland and I was sure that I would be miserable... but I was so wrong! I’ve only been here for a few months; however, it has been absolutely amazing. I have grown personally and spiritually. I have met individuals who have challenged me and made such an impact in my life. I have extended my family and gained a bunch of siblings. I have had the opportunity to share Christ and show His love to the Irish people. And ya’ll, I have drawn nearer to Christ and experienced Him in a way that I never have before. Now, I can’t imagine being anywhere other than Ireland. I love this place and these people and, most of all, serving the Lord in this beautiful country! His will might be unknown to us; however, following Him and His call will fill you with such joy. The knowledge of His provision and His sovereignty will give you the strength and peace to follow Him wherever He calls!


. . .

Now to let ya'll know about my church placement!! If you haven't seen on my social media, I am serving at Cherith in Athlone. This past Sunday was our first Sunday at the church as the official Immersion team. As of now, we are settling in and finding out our roles/responsibilities, but I am sure that in future blogs I will be able to give more insight into our jobs and opportunities we will have. If you would like my address, feel free to email me and I will provide it as soon as I can!

In my last post, I mentioned some prayer requests and I would just like to say thank you to those who have been so faithful to pray. It is very much appreciated. If you would like to support me and my team, here are somethings you can pray for:



  • For my 3 teammates and I to continue to grow closer to each other
  • For the community in Athlone to have softened hearts and opened ears to hear the gospel and to pave the way for personal relationships with Christ
  • For the Florida panhandle- the devastation is heartbreaking. Pray for healing, restoration, and peace for the people who have lost so much
Thank you again for your support and prayers!
Lydia

Comments

Popular Posts