What's Crackin' at Lacken?

Hello again!

       Still can't believe that I've been living and working in Ireland for over 2 months! The Immersion team is still in training and it will continue for a couple more weeks. After that, we will be heading to our local churches. I will say that there is a lot of nerves present among the team about the unknown. Something I am reminding myself is that even though the future is unknown to us, it is known by God. That is such a comforting and beautiful truth that I am holding onto right now. I will make sure to post an update when I am told where my placement is!

       Since arriving at Lacken House, as I have said, we have been in training. There has been a variety of topics covered during our sessions. One of my favorite topics has been Hermeneutics. For those of you who have no idea what that was (those who are like me when I heard that word for the first time), it is a way to really dive into God's Word in order to truly and accurately interpret the meanings of scripture. It is so easy to read quickly over passages and verses, but I would encourage everyone to take the time to dig deeper. There is so much that God can teach us and show us from His Word- all we have to do is look. Such a profound truth that really challenged me and hopefully can challenge you as well!

       We also have been able to take part in different outreach opportunities. A few weeks ago, we were at the National Ploughing Championship. Hundreds of thousands of people come from all over to be at this event. We were able to meet so many people and share Christ with them. Another outreach opportunity we have had was at the Ballinasloe Horsefair. It was quite different than the Ploughing Championship; however, the goal remained the same- that we would share the gospel and the love of Christ with the people we met. For the weeks leading up to these events, we were in training to learn how to share our faith and then we were able to put into practice all that we had learned. It was incredible. Seeds were planted. My prayer is that those seeds would be cultivated and be grown and that personal relationships with Christ will be formed.

       On my last blog post, I shared some prayer requests and I wanted to thank everyone who has prayed and also update ya'll on those! I have experienced homesickness; however, my team has become family to me. I am so incredibly thankful for my teammates and team leaders because they have been such an encouragement and source of comfort during the past months. I would appreciate if ya'll would continue praying for the people here and for the work God is doing in Ireland. On top of that, I have a couple more prayer requests:

  • For peace and calmed nerves as we wait to hear about our church placements
  • For the panhandle of Florida and other areas effected by Hurricane Michael- so many people not only are without homes, power, and water but also missing family members and friends
Thank you all for the prayers and support! 
Lydia



Lydia Kollar
Lacken House
Rahara, Co. Roscommon
Ireland F42 PV24

Comments

Popular Posts